Zenzic launches new ‘CAM Scale-Up’ programme to help UK self-driving start-ups get on the road to market success
- SMEs working on connected & automated mobility technologies given a chance to test products on world-leading CAM Testbed UK facilities
- A share of £500,000 available in grant funding available to successful applicants
- Programme provides mentorship and networking opportunities to self-driving technology startups
London, September 2020: Zenzic, the organisation dedicated to accelerating the self-driving revolution in the UK, has announced the launch of its CAM Scale-Up Programme, calling on innovative self-driving technology SMEs and start-ups, with a base in the the UK, to apply for a chance to test and develop their products through the world-leading CAM Testbed UK, a global centre for the testing and development of connected and self-driving vehicle technologies.
Supported by the Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up Programme, in partnership with Plug and Play, will focus on giving SMEs, needing to validate safety and security elements of their product, a unique opportunity to test their products in realistic environments across the various CAM Testbed UK facilities, allowing them to deliver better products to market much faster.
Working with Silicon Valley’s Plug and Play, through their Startup Autobahn Programme, the most promising start-ups which are selected to take part in the programme will be given access to:
- A share of £500,000 in grant funding to help cover costs of testing, delivered by the Centre of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles.
- World class technical and business assistance which will enable them to accelerate their products to market – using the capabilities of CAM Testbed UK to develop a proof of concept, driving new sales and obtaining additional investment supported by Plug and Play’s accelerator experience
- Zenzic’s insights from the UK Connected and Automated Mobility Roadmap to 2030
Those selected to take part in this new scheme, will be entered into Plug and Play’s extensive portfolio management system for the duration of the programme, which for SMEs means:
- Regular check-ins and mentorship from Plug and Play experts, providing feedback and goals and objectives
- Links to Corporate and Venture Capital partners across Europe and Silicon Valley
- Opportunity to present at the relevant Plug and Play Summit in Silicon Valley and other international offices with the aim of generating inward investment.
Richard Porter, Technology & Innovation Director at Zenzic said: “The UK has a strong track record delivering trusted world class solutions across safety assurance, cyber security, simulation, and certification. All these capabilities are vital to support the safe roll out of CAM services over the next 10 years, as per the UK Connected and Automated Mobility Roadmap to 2030. The Zenzic CAM Scale-Up Programme will enable SMEs and start-ups already working in these sectors to deliver their innovative products to market much faster, and facilitate SMEs in adjacent sectors to pivot solutions into this market. The opportunity to safeguard and support new UK capabilities is now all the more important as the country seeks to accelerate growth out of the sharp economic downturn.”
Seena Amidi, Managing Director and Board Member of Plug and Play said: “At Plug and Play we are firm believers that innovation at scale can be achieved through partnerships between corporations, innovative startups, government and academia. We are excited to partner with Zenzic to support the UK’s connected and autonomous revolution by enabling the most promising ideas and companies to scale, through pilot funding and a global Plug and Play ecosystem of partners and investors.”
UPDATE: Please note, the deadline has now closed (15.10.20)
About Plug and Play
Plug and Play is a global innovation platform. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, we have built accelerator programs, corporate innovation services and an in-house VC to make technological advancement progress faster than ever before. Since inception in 2006, our programs have expanded worldwide to include a presence in over 30 locations with over 300 official corporate partners. Companies in our community have raised over $7 billion in funding, with successful portfolio exits including Danger, Dropbox, N26, Rappi and PayPal. For more information, visit www.plugandplaytechcenter.com/join/