Zenzic announces the six successful innovators of this year’s Zenzic CAM Scale-Up Programme
- Six UK-based CAM innovators to share £500,000 of government funding
- Selected innovators working on Connected and Automated Mobility (CAM) technologies have been given the opportunity to test their products at the world-leading CAM Testbed UK facilities
London, October 2021: Zenzic, the organisation dedicated to accelerating the self-driving revolution in the UK, has announced the six selected innovators of this year’s Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme. The programme aims to give UK-based, innovative SMEs and start-ups the opportunity to test and develop their products through the world-leading CAM Testbed UK, a unique testing ecosystem created to aid the development of connected transport and self-driving vehicle technologies.
The Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme is supported by the Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV) and is delivered in partnership with Plug and Play. The selected start-ups and SMEs will have valuable time and support to validate their products or services in realistic environments across the various CAM Testbed UK facilities, allowing them to deliver better connected and self-driving technology solutions to market faster.
Announced at the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up Programme: Innovators Announced event, the six selected start-ups will now test their technology at CAM testbed UK facilities and gain access to corporate partners and a global network investor platform. The CAM innovators will then feature at a final showcase event to be held in March 2022.
The selected innovators are:
- ALBORA: Albora Technologies develops next-generation navigation technologies for autonomous vehicles, drones, and UAVs. To find out more, please click here
- EXEROS Technologies: EXEROS Technologies designs, builds, and installs intelligent CCTV systems for commercial fleets. To find out more, please click here
- Grayscale AI: Grayscale AI develops a sensor fusion system that combines data from various types of sensors such as smart video cameras, radars, and event-based sensors. To find out more, please click here
- R4DAR Technologies: R4DAR is a company with a mission to make autonomous vehicles a reality. They provide integrated systems to eliminate human errors and improve safety. To find out more, please click here
- Route Konnect: Route Konnect’s sensors and analytics tools offer intelligent, real-time insights into the movement within cities – saving time, resources, and our planet. To find out more, please click here
- Xtract 360: Xtract is a claims platform that aggregates and visualises crash data for the auto-insurance industry, empowering claims handlers by enabling them to identify liability, deflect fraud and speed-up claim processing. To find out more, please click here
Corporate partners have a crucial role to play throughout the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme. This year’s corporate partners include Honda, Thales, and Vodafone.
Find the announcement of the successful innovators below:
Those selected to take part in this programme, will be entered into Plug and Play’s extensive portfolio management system for the duration of the programme, which for start-ups and SMEs means:
- Regular check-ins and mentorship from Plug and Play experts, providing feedback and goals and objectives
- Ongoing links to corporate and venture capital across mobility hubs in Europe, Silicon Valley, China, Japan, and Detroit
- Opportunity to present at the relevant Plug and Play Summit in Silicon Valley and other international offices with the aim of generating inward investment.
Isobel Pastor, Head of the Centre for Connected and Automated Vehicles said: “SMEs are an incredible driving force of innovation and the applications to this round of the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme has demonstrated that. In a competitive field, the successful projects are looking to bring an exciting range of product to the market. I look forward to working with the companies and seeing them succeed.”
Mark Cracknell, Head of Connected and Automated Mobility at Zenzic said: “We were incredibly impressed with the quality and range of the start-ups and SMEs that were shortlisted for the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme this year, and we thank them all for entering. The six exciting companies who are being enrolled onto the programme deserve a special congratulations. They should be particularly proud of what they have achieved so far, and I hope they are as excited as we are for their journey ahead alongside CAM Testbed UK and our corporate partners. The programme showcased just how innovative UK companies are in CAM, and we at Zenzic look forward to assisting the successful innovators with the opportunity to accelerate their products to market.”
To find out more about the programme, please click here
Zenzic was created by government and industry to champion the UK connected and self-driving ecosystem and lead the UK in accelerating the self-driving revolution. The company drives collaboration with partners across industry, government, and academia to shape a world-class CAM Testbed UK, and to deliver a comprehensive UK Connected and Automated Mobility Roadmap to 2030. Zenzic is channelling £200 million of investment, with the ultimate goal of ensuring a safer, more inclusive and productive mobile future. For more information, visit: http://zenzic.io
About Plug and Play
Plug and Play is the leading innovation platform, connecting startups, corporations, venture capital firms, universities, and government agencies. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, we’re present in 35+ locations across five continents. We offer corporate innovation programs and help our corporate partners in every stage of their innovation journey, from education to execution. We also organize startup acceleration programs and have built an in-house VC to drive innovation across multiple industries where we’ve invested in hundreds of successful companies including Dropbox, Guardant Health, Honey, Lending Club, N26, PayPal, and Rappi.
Plug and Play has mobility and smart cities innovation programmes in: Silicon Valley, Detroit, Stuttgart, Milan, Madrid, Paris, Tokyo, Singapore and Beijing. For more information, visit: https://www.plugandplaytechcenter.com/europe/