- Seven UK-based CAM innovators to share government grant funding
- Selected innovators working on Connected and Automated Mobility (CAM) technologies have been given the opportunity to test their products at the world-leading CAM Testbed UK
London, 7 October: The UK’s ambition to create a globally competitive Connected and Automated Mobility (CAM) ecosystem took a strong step forward yesterday when seven SMEs were announced as the successful innovators of this year’s Zenzic’s CAM Scale-Up programme.
The programme offers selected start-ups and SMEs an opportunity to verify their innovative CAM solutions at pace. Government grant funding is awarded to UK-based organisations within the Connected and Automated Mobility sector, and those in adjacent sectors who seek to pivot solutions into the CAM market.
The intention is that, by testing with the world-leading CAM Testbed UK, the successful innovators will have demonstrated that their products are ready to operate in real-world environments. The programme aims to help the successful start-ups and SMEs accelerate delivery to market, build partnerships, attract investments, and deliver products to the market better and faster.
Announced at the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up Programme: Innovators Announced event , the seven selected participants will now test their technology at CAM Testbed UK facilities, gain access to world-class technical and business assistance and investment from Zenzic’s delivery partner Plug and Play, through their global investment network and accelerator platform, along with Zenzic’s insights from the UK Connected and Automated Mobility Roadmap to 2030.
The selected innovators are:
- Axitech – Connected Collision Management Platform empowering automotive organisations to deliver transformational customer and claims experiences. To find out more, click here.
- Calyo – Developing the next generation AI-enabled perception system that offers unprecedented combination of high performance, flexibility and low cost for smart mobile robots and autonomous vehicles. To find out more, click here.
- Dromos – High density urban passenger and freight transport at half the cost, space, time and highest passenger convenience. To find out more, click here.
- Eloy – Eloy is a connected and autonomous vehicle software business focused on multi-vehicle coordination. Their software includes patent pending methods for orchestrating how human-driven and autonomous vehicles travel. To find out more, click here.
- Gaist – Leading the way in roadscape and highways information. Detailed and accurate data is used to produce simple to use, simple to understand actionable insight to drive and monitor change, enabling vision zero and net zero for highways maintenance and development. To find out more, click here.
- Oxford RF Solutions – Breakthrough radar vision for autonomy. To find out more, click here.
- PolyChord – Brings together true academic excellence in data science with commercial expertise to help optimise use of sensors. To find out more, click here.
The finalists of the programme also included: Conigital, Megasets, Delivers ai, Imperium Drive, Streetscope, and Teragence.
Mark Cracknell, Programme Director – CAM, Zenzic said:
“The quality and range of the finalists of this year’s CAM Scale-Up programme has been a testament to the innovative solutions that will make future mobility cleaner, safer, and more efficient. The successful innovators of the programme will benefit from testing their products and solutions safely and securely in representative test environments, gain credibility for their journey toward commercialisation, and grow the illustrious CAM Scale-Up Alumni. As champions of the UK CAM ecosystem, our ambition at Zenzic, is that this programme continues to play a vital role in making the UK a global leader in the development and deployment of CAM technologies.”
Michael Talbot, Deputy Head, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV) said:
“The UK Government is committed to driving innovation and investment into the UK, and support of the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme is a pivotal step toward government’s vision to 2025. One of the continued barriers to entry for start-ups and SMEs is access to testing facilities, and this programme offers these exciting companies the opportunity to test and verify their innovative technologies through the world-leading CAM Testbed UK. I look forward to seeing how these organisations will strengthen the UK’s track record of delivering trusted world class solutions.”
Kieran Borrett, Director, Plug and Play UK said:
“We are excited to support the CAM Scale-Up programme and the finalists in their product and business development, investment opportunities and gaining access to the international ecosystems. Our partners become increasingly interested in the CAM space and the Scale-Up programme gives start-ups a chance for accelerated commercialisation and access to crucial funding.”
David Skipp, Chair of CAM Working Group, UK Automotive Council said:
“An exemplar of creativity and collaboration, the CAM Scale-Up program combines innovation from the start-up community with CAM Testbed facilities and industrial expertise to accelerate development of new CAM products and technologies. An exciting and effective way to grow the emerging UK CAM sector by starting small, thinking big and moving fast.”
Corporate partners also have a crucial role to play throughout the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme. This year’s corporate partners include Honda, Thales, Vodafone, and PA Consulting.
To find out more about the programme, please click here.
Zenzic was created by government and industry to champion the UK Connected and Automated Mobility (CAM) ecosystem and lead the UK in accelerating the self-driving revolution, with the goal of ensuring a safer, more secure, sustainable, and inclusive transport future.
Zenzic delivers strategic insight to support the UK CAM ecosystem and deliver the industry accepted UK Connected and Automated Mobility Roadmap. Zenzic fosters innovation by channelling government investment to support UK companies develop products and services to market. Zenzic encourages collaboration between industry, government, and academia across all relevant sectors to facilitate the development and deployment of CAM in the UK.
About Plug and Play
Plug and Play is the leading innovation platform, connecting start-ups, corporations, venture capital firms, universities, and government agencies. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, we’re present in 35+ locations across five continents. We offer corporate innovation programs and help our corporate partners in every stage of their innovation journey, from education to execution. We also organize start-up acceleration programs and have built an in-house VC to drive innovation across multiple industries where we’ve invested in hundreds of successful companies including Dropbox, Guardant Health, Honey, Lending Club, N26, PayPal, and Rappi.
Plug and Play has mobility and smart cities innovation programmes in: Silicon Valley, Detroit, Stuttgart, Milan, Madrid, Paris, Tokyo, Singapore and Beijing. For more information, visit: https://www.plugandplaytechcenter.com/europe/